Vision, Mindshare, Values and Attitude
Jens Lievens and Michael V Khalsa
The Government Network is developing a platform to innovate governance throughout the world. Through initially focussing on the implementation of applications serving direct market needs, the Government Network will cultivate mindshare and creates the drivers required to support the implementation of its vision of fair, non-exclusive and rational governance for all people, empowering them with the ability to achieve their goals independently.
The platform will consist of a network of incorruptible, interconnected decentralized services, each optimized for their purpose, together greater than the sum of their parts. Transparent by design, the platform will operate as a self-regulating entity, governed through an impartial consensus mechanism and constitution, in jargon referred to as a Distributed Autonomous Organisation or DAO. Practical in approach, the DAO is intended to work in conjunction with society as is for the betterment of individuals, communities, and global governance.
In essence, the Government Network is aspiring to build the foundation and drivers required to realise its vision, creating the framework — the platform, for others to build upon.
Benefits born out of this include:
- Enhancements to free trade.
- Providing a voice and recognition to all people.
- Creation of a global community under the decentralized control of the citizens themselves.
- Reclaiming control over personal information.
- Improving voting mechanisms, for governments, communities and enterprises.
- A stable, accessible and global currency.
- Increased efficiency for transaction and information flows.
- Judicial processes that highlight solutions and resolve conflict.
The Government Network — a system of check and balances that will evolve with the practicalities inherent to the process of reaching its vision. In this process, the participation of the citizens stands central.
To realise its vision, the Government Network needs to gain mindshare. While there are various definitions, in this context, mindshare is the collective space in which people willingly participate of their own accord, giving their time, attention, and enthusiasm.
The Government Network will cultivate mindshareby servicing real needs in today’s world in a transparent and open manner. Mindshare brings forth long-term success in the ecosystem and is won by making an individual’s life easier, more fulfilling and free, in the long term.
It is won through open and transparent transactions, decision-making processes, excellence, and responsiveness. No one technology can deliver this, rather it is the marriage of technology with values to create a medium for those values to flourish.
Mindshare will bring the scale to disrupt, improve, and change patterns of commerce and governance. Through enhanced communication and efficiency, market forces will bring forward changes to manufacturing, healthcare, real estate, law, banking, farming, and almost every other industry — examples include:
- Moving from subscription models to micropayments, made possible by new forms of identity management and digital currencies.
- Supporting local trade and direct distribution through decentralized approaches, supported escrow services, reducing income inequalities.
This grassroots, bottom-up approach is achieved by adapting to the needs of the people with flexibility through geographic zones and cultural values and a universal message of cooperation enabled through the medium.
Building the network, gaining mindshare into the space, engaging hundreds of millions of participants, is a practical journey of many steps and a long-term plan.
In order to convince, initial contributors providing resources to help build this Network, the organizers are aware for the need to see shorter routes and near-term achievements to bring significant traffic and real-world use cases to the platform. These tangible services deployed in the short term are required to fuel organic development and kick-start the project to its next levels.
We will focus on several verticals which can along with economic drivers, mature into billion dollar industries in their own right within a reasonable time frame. Amongst others, these include:
- Escrow and arbitration services for online commerce providing trust to consumers using decentralized currencies. This branded service will be available to various commerce platforms in the world at large, along with the free or low-cost integration of the software.
- Voting services and other governance processes developed for countries, communities, and corporations, bringing a cost-effective alternative to current systems, along with proof of trust, while redefining governance and simultaneously increasing mindshare in the Government Network to further its growth.
Essential to a decentralized approach, within a peer to peer environment, is proof of identity to ensure trust and for building continuum. For any solution to be adopted it must be secure, easy to use, cost-effective and universally accepted. It must support a wide spectrum of usage, ranging between complex business trades, simple social exchange, legal purposes, and for regions and communities lacking consistent infrastructure.
We will be developing and partnering with others to bring forth identity management solutions as the backbone of the platform. Furthermore, value added scenarios can arrive by serving complex corporate trade agreements and legal requirements to help fund the infrastructure.
The public-facing aspects of the platform will now be called ‘The Forum’ which is a DAPP accessible by smartphones and browsers, whereby users can access from one place all of the Government Network and third-party services build on the Network.
The Government Network project will span decades, its health includes excelling in aspects that bring benefits to participants and incentivizes its contributors in the relative near term. It encompasses developing and positioning ourselves for widespread adoption of certain verticals, and the governance processes all engineered for victory within the practicalities of market forces.
by Jens Lieven and Michael Khalsa, Sept 13, 2018