Frequently Asked Questions
- What is The Government Network project?
The Government Network is building the first decentralised borderless nation powered by Blockchain Technology, operating from a Decentralised Autonomous Organisation (DAO).
- Why should I become an Early Citizen of the Government Network?
Because you believe in the necessity to rethink the role of Governments and want to become a pioneer as an early adopter of borderless governance. You will vote in the Constitutional Convention determining the Nation’s constitution which will govern the Government Network DAO, as well as its internal procedures and structures.
- Will my government be informed that I have become your citizen?
No, the Government Network will not inform your respective Governments if you join our Borderless Nation.
- Is the Government Network building its own blockchain, why?
The Government Network will use different blockchain ledgers to improve security, scalability, and efficiency, with each chain optimized for the task at hand. The specialized blockchains include an Identity Managment Ledger, Governance Ledger and Main - Forum Ledger.
The ecosystem will include existing blockchains adapted for their role in the Government Network, integrations with third-party blockchains and potentially new blockchains.
- How does the token economy work?
The Government Network Ecosystem operates on two tokens:
- A platform Token called the Nation token (NTN), a stable coin traded on the internal exchange of the Government Network. It is used to facilitate trade and transactions on the network. The token is backed by a reserve of 85% of its cash value of $1 per token.
- The Government Token (GOVT), a token issued during the CrowdSale used in the governance of some of the blockchains that will operate within the ecosystem. The Government Token has a build in mechanism which swaps it for NTN tokens as the platform grows. Each GOVT will be swapped for 100 NTN.
- When will the GOV token be listed on exchanges?
The GOV token is aimed to be listed within 30 days of closing the CrowdSale.
- How will the Government network decentralise identity management?
The Government Network Identity Management Hub will integrate a variety of self-sovereign identity solutions by different technology providers, as well as our own solutions and services through a front end employing universal discovery and a friendly user interface. The integration will give our citizens the choice to choose how they manage their identity.
The Government Network will build the foundation for the identity management hub after the Crowdsale. The hub will allow for third-party applications and development, which in return will continue technological innovation.
- Which areas do you foresee as research topics and will be solved in the future?
The Government Network aims to innovate all aspects of Governance. This is a continuous never-ending process. The DAO will provide the citizens with the requirements to continue development independently, throughout the upcoming decades.
Initially the Government Network will focus on the development of key applications with immediate market needs that can function as the drivers and backbone of the larger ecosystem. These applications are:
- Identity management
- Voting, poling and petition services
- Escrow and arbitration services
- How will the Government Network expand?
The Government Network will actively engage Governments, Communities, and Corporations in order to provide its innovations such as the Identity Management hub and voting systems. Through providing solutions with immediate marketability, the citizens utilizing the applications will be drawn within the larger ecosystem.
- How did the Government Network come about?
The organizers have extensive experience with Governments around the world, seeing problems first hand and realizing that technology has put us in a position to act upon the inefficiencies and injustice linked to Governments as we know them.
- How can I get in touch with the Organizers?
The Organizers are reachable to answer your questions through the social media channels of the Government Network.
- What is Self Soverign Identity?
Self-Sovereign identity places control of your private information back under your control, while removing the ability for third parties to correlate personal information as you share it. You elect who gets to see what bit of information and under what conditions they can retain it, if at all. You can also demand the right to be forgotten by any particular party.
A number of high profile laws (such Europe's GDPR and California's AB 375) with large regulatory fines have been enacted recently to back these principals.
- What are escrow and arbitration services?
When goods are purchased online use crypto-currency, a portion of your payment is held in a pooled escrow account (which is never less than your order value). Should you contest that the goods did not arrive in a satisfactory condition, then you can begin an arbitration process. If not resolved online between both parties, then it moves to an arbitration panel, who may return a portion or all of your payment.
- What are micro-transactions?
Micro-transactions are small peer-to-peer payments made for goods or services, for example a couple cents for viewing an article online, or buying a couple of onions at the market place with your cell phone. They must be secure, easy to impliment, and with very low transaction fees.
Microtransactions have the potential to revolutionize some areas of everyday life.